These days the need to learn how to create a website has been in high demand. Most offline business are now seeing the need to go online and increase their sales and with the high rate of business going online, it is considered an added advantage if you learn how to create a website and not only that, you will need to know how to earn money with the website.
So sit down and read this post to the end as i will be taking you through the In and Out of creating your own website and how you can earn from it.
Define your goal.
It is very crucial that you define your goal. what you intend to achieve with the new website. This will help you know what servicing or product you will be rendering or offering to your website visitors.
For example, An e-commerce site will be easily created using woocommerce website plugin. Also you must make provision for advertisement because that is the primary source for generating revenue for a growing website.
- You must Know what advertisers or ad placement algorithms are looking for in an advertising venue (i.e., your website): generally, it’s potential buyers with disposable income who visit your site in significant numbers, and would be interested in products that are closely related to the content on your site.
- What you want in a site, then, is to attract—and keep—a lot of visitors. The longer they stay, the more likely it is that they will eventually leave your site by clicking not on the back button, but on your advertiser’s links. So think toward this area to increase users retention on your website.
Build your site.
You can build your website using premium wordpress template. it is actaully easy and simple to install and edit. You can also use templates provided, or a site of your own design (or from a designer), just to put together your website. But your website template will be based almost entirely on the market you are attempting to reach.
Find a market. To generate the most traffic, and thus the most revenue, you have to identify your market, that is , people who really need your product or service. you must be selective in your target market. While every demographic has its strong points and weak points, studies have shown that younger people are generally more optimistic and more adventurous—and thus likely to click on an advertisement more readily.
- Keep in mind that the goal is clicks, not sales: that’s what generates your revenue. Once the visitor has clicked out of your site, it’s up to the merchant to make the sale. You get paid, regardless of the outcome.
- Search the web for trends and ideas for websites, and include the year in your search so that you avoid wasting search results on what was hot in 2012. For example, searching Google for “website ideas 2018” returned nearly a billion results. From there, it’s just a matter of combing through to find ideas that pique your interest.
3.Secure a domain. you can secure a domain from godaddy, at a cheap price and get your domain name secured. Your domain is the address of your business, so get an attractive and sweet domain name that will sell your website.
- One good way to proceed is to secure a “.com” domain, find a host (many domain registrars will also host sites), and build your own site. This has the advantage of being the most flexible in terms of design and installation of custom code.
4. hosting your website.
If you purchase your own domain name, you will need to pay a hosting service monthly or annual fees to keep your website available. It is adviceable that you host your website with a good hosting company to ensure you dont experience a down time when you launch your website. Also when you pay a good hosting company, the advantage is a greater customization, greater control over how to monetize your blog, and direct access to information on blog traffic for analysis.
- If you aren’t familiar with web design, you should have a knowledgeable friend assist you. Self hosted blogs are more easily affected by hackers or by mistakes from inexperienced owners.
- Choose an easy-to-remember domain name, and use (yourname.com ) when possible if you are an author or other public figure.
- Confusingly, WordPress.org allows you to use WordPress software on your own, self-hosted blog. This is a good choice if you are familiar with WordPress.com, a free blog hosting service described above, but want the
- advantages of your own site.
5.Keep it fresh.
Always post fresh article daily on your website. This makes google easily rank your website and it become relevant on search engine.Don’t post one or two articles and call it a day. Remember that this is your income stream we’re talking about developing, so think of it as your job—part time or full time, you have to devote more time to it every day if you want to see the paychecks come rolling in.
6.Write original content.Post content you know people are searching for online. Come up with your own topics for each blog post, and write the post yourself instead of tweaking or copy-pasting someone else’s work. Readers will come to your blog if they enjoy your writing style and your choice of topic, not to read rehashed content they can easily find elsewhere.
- The more you write, the more interest your site will hold. The more interest your site holds, the more people will follow it. and more importantly, the more relevant your site will appear to the ad placement algorithms. More ads = more clicks = more money. Never lose sight of that goal.
7. Update frequently. None of the techniques for Monetizing Your Blog will matter if you let your blog stagnate. Always post daily. Try to post at least once a week, on a subject you haven’t covered before that fits your blog’s main topic.
- You can gain readers by posting content that wasn’t previously available online, such as scans of obscure or pre-21th century books and artwork. You should still add your own commentary around this content, however.
10. Try to go viral.Going viral is not easy but is possible if you build a great product people love and are willing to share with friends and family.Though not a guaranteed, but it can also be fun to try even if you fail. if you manage to promote your blog through a video or image exciting or funny enough for people to share, and you’re lucky enough to stand above the crowd of people trying to do the same thing, you’ll have a huge influx of readers.
8. Sign up for Google AdSense. AdSense will place ads for goods and services that are relevant to your site’s visitors, based on the content of your site. You get paid every time an ad appears on your site, or an ad is clicked on your website.
- You get paid a very small amount for each impression (view) or click. Therefore, the more traffic you generate, the more clicks and impressions you will have, and the more money you will receive.
9. Promote your site. Every time you post, every time you make a change, every time you change a period to an exclamation mark or correct “th” to “the,” let the world know via Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, LinkedIn, and all the rest of the social media world. The key is to spread the word.
Also advertise your blog to popular site if you have enough money to promote your website. this will help increase your website awareness and ranking from time to time.
- Have accounts on all of the above, and make sure you have prominent links to your website on all of them.
- Start an email campaign as well. Once a week, publish a “best of my site” HTML email—frequent enough that people enjoy the content, but not so much that it becomes spammy.